Autor de La Perception (Pierre Hébert, 1968) DVDRip

Elinks de cortometrajes de cine de animación (Animation short films) cuya duración no exceda o sea igual a 45 minutos (<= 45 min.)

Autor de La Perception (Pierre Hébert, 1968) DVDRip

Notapor Fitz » Lun Oct 17, 2005 11:19 am

Filmmaker, performer, visual artist and writer, Pierre Hebert is acutely aware of the anomalous position he occupies in the world of animation. His work spans the distance between the most primitive forms of representation and the most sophisticated technology and crosses many media, from printmaking and photography to writing and film. His animated films are unusually searching, conceptually and formally complex, while his unique methods of production are far removed from those employed by industrial and art animators alike. He may be unique in all of animation in the crucial role that live performance has played in his work. Many of his films began as live-animation performances and have been completed by structuring, recombining and adding to the results of these imporvised film events. He has worked closely with musicians and dancers and has toured as a performer. In short, his work is an uneasy companion to both the commercial fare and the "fine animation" that characterize most of the field.

Although Hebert has been recognized by key international venues - including a 1997 retrospective at the prestigious Festival international du film d'animation in Annecy, France - he remains little known outside of Quebec, a situation aggravated by the fact that many of his films have never been made available in English-language versions. And, like all animators, his work is largely ignored by the world of "serious" cinema. As Hebert puts it, "I was in an uneasy situation because I never recognized a difference between animation and cinema. The cinematic tradition I admired refused animation, excluded it. I have lived through this contradiction until very recently."

Let us fix this :-D

Imagen

eD2K link Pierre Hebert - Autor de la Perception
Fitz
Haciendo méritos
Haciendo méritos

Notapor pere_ubu » Lun Oct 17, 2005 4:28 pm

Thanks Fitz.

I only knows one Hébert's short "Opus 3", but it like me so much.
pere_ubu
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Ubicación: Que tu sabiduría no sea humillación para tu prójimo - Khayyam

Notapor satantango » Mar Oct 18, 2005 1:17 am

Thanks Fitz!

Another jewel to discover... :si:

-----------

More info about Hébert
director of animated films, engraver (b at Montrél 19 Jan 1944). Stimulated by Norman MCLAREN, Hébert experimented early in his career with the technique of scratching directly on the opaque parts of both exposed and non-exposed film and directed films dominated by effects made possible through optical printing: Opus I (1964), Op hop hop op (1965) and Autour de la perception (1968). Later, attracted to a more political and profound type of animation and using simple techniques, he produced 3 original works, Père Noël, Père Noël (1974), Entre chiens et loup (1978) and Souvenirs de guerre (1982). After 1982 Hébert entered a phase working on the boundary between film animation and other aesthetic forms: Étienne et Sara (1984) takes us into the world of poetry; Chants et Danses du monde inanimé - le métro (1984) into that of dance and music; Ô Picasso (Tableaux d'une surexposition) (1985) into that of painting.

In Adieu bipède (1987), Hébert turned to performance, using the scratching technique for the scenes with dancing and music. He used the same technique in La Lettre d'amour (1988). Similarly, his improvisations on the performance spectacle La Plante humaine were used in his first long film of the same name (1996). By concerning himself with violence, television and ordinary people, by interspersing realistic shots, actual images overlaid with engraved or scratched ones, and computer-generated coloured prints, by emphasizing soundtrack and musical motifs, Hébert's work is a true synthesis: his experiments in animation and in mixing technique are unprecedented and skilful.

Since 1965, Hébert has often collaborated on scenes of animation in the works of other directors. In 1988, he was the first recipient of the Héritage-McLaren Prize awarded by the Association internationale du cinéma d'animation (ASIFA) Canada to recognize the career of an animator whose works demonstrate the same artisanal skill as McLaren. He has served as president of the CINÉMATHÈQUE QUÉBÉCOISE and now directs the animation studio of the French program for the NFB.

IMDb

Otro enlace interesante: Pierre Hébert's La Plante humaine

Imagen
Pierre Hébert

Imagen
Hébert & Bob Ostertag (sound artist)

expérimentations sono- cinématographiques
satantango
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor pere_ubu » Mar Oct 18, 2005 7:10 pm

C&S.