Dogura Magura (Toshio Matsumoto, 1988) DVDRip VOSE

Elinks de largometrajes de cine experimental & underground (Experimental feature films) cuya duración exceda los 45 minutos (> 45 min.)

Dogura Magura (Toshio Matsumoto, 1988) DVDRip VOSE

Notapor satantango » Mar Feb 14, 2006 2:24 am

Homenaje a Fitz y sus ripeos #2

Imagen

Dogura Magura
(Dogra Magra)

If someone like me, a fairly seasoned veteran of moviegoing and -reviewing, can't make head or tail of Dogura Magura, what does that bode for everyone else? I ask this question not because I'm hostile to difficult movies; in fact, I actively seek them out. But Dogura Magura has a narrator that can't be trusted telling a story that may have no substance in a plot that may never have existed to begin with. It's a pretentious version of one of those thrillers where every piece of evidence can be read one of two ways, and the identity of the killer can be changed in the very last shot to appease the test marketers.

The movie is an adaptation of a widely-revered surrealist novel from 1935 Japan, repeatedly described as unfilmable, so maybe you need to be a fan of the book to feel any connection with the material. From what I understand, the movie actually follows the book fairly closely, but a movie version of any story needs to stand on its own and not require support from the readers. The director was Toshio Matsumoto, the avant-garde filmmaker who gave us Funeral Procession of Roses, so he was no stranger to outlandish material or non-linear storytelling. I'm not sure it helped.

---

Dogura Magura (the title means something like “Abracadabra”) opens with a young man (Yôji Matsuda) waking up in an insane asylum. He remembers nothing, not even his name, so when the tall and grave Dr. Wakabayashi (Hideo Murota) enters his cell and hints that he may be a killer, he's in a near-frenzy of confusion. The good doctor informs the young man that another doctor at the institute, the Tojo-esque Dr. Masaki (Shijaku Katsura) was leading a project to recover the boy's memory, but died about a month ago and has left everything unfinished. Wakabayashi has now decided to finish the other man's work, and so shows the boy several artifacts in an attempt to trigger his memory.

He also shows the boy a good deal of Masaki's own work (visualized as though Masaki himself were lecturing), which is heady stuff indeed. Masaki believed that the brain is not in fact responsible for thought and cognition, but rather that memories are stored in all the cells of the body, and that the brain is simply responsible for coordinating connections between the different cells. Mental illness is, in fact, genetic illness. His proof of this comes in the form of a story about a Chinese prince who became fascinated with making paintings of a woman's corpse as it progressively decayed. Since they believe the boy is a direct descendant of this man, then maybe he has the same tendencies?

---

If all of this seems murky, bear in mind this is covered by less than a third of the film's running time. The vast majority of the film consists of one of the two doctors lecturing the boy, or the boy lecturing himself, or some other bizarre variant of the above. Just when we think we have a handle on what's going on, the movie injects some left-hand twist that allegedly rewrites everything we saw before—but since the whole thing is from the point of view of the boy anyway, how can any of it be trusted? Is he even really insane? Is any of this actually happening? Who cares?

I have to point out that I have not read the original novel (it's never been translated into English), so I can't say whether or not the book is better; this may have been a case where the book simply wasn't all that great to begin with. But in a book, you can play games with the reader a little more effectively than you can with a movie, partly because movies are far more literal creatures. Sometimes a director can break radically from his material and still make something interesting (as they did with The French Lieutenant's Woman), but maybe here there was no way to diverge from the book without having it completely fall to pieces.

---

Movies like this generally only have two things going for them: technical craft and cleverness. There's no question that the movie is immensely well-made; Matsumoto's camerawork is excellent and there are a great many creative visualizations of things. At one point during an explanation of the Chinese's prince's behavior, the movie switches to a bunraku-style puppet play, which actually seems to work to distinguish that part of the movie from everything else. And people who thought The Usual Suspects was a head-twister will faint when they see how knotty this movie gets.

But that's about it. There's no one to empathize with; the characters are all either insane or monstrously inhuman. The story's essentially arbitrary, and since the movie holds all the cards anyway, there's no point in trying to figure it out. On some abstract level, it's neat, but there are no real surprises, and when it's over, nothing's changed. It's like watching someone play chess against himself, swatting your hands away from the board every time you try to join him. What fun is that?

http://www.thegline.com/dvd-of-the-week ... 2-2004.htm

Dos ripeos disponibles

1 CD:

eD2K link Dogura.Magura.1988.DVDRip.XviD-ESPiSE.avi [699.54 MB]

Subtítulos en español (traducidos por SantaSangre en AsiaTeam.Net)

Datos Técnicos:
Ripper ...........: Team ESPiES Video Codec ......: XviD
Release Date .....: 10/25/2005 Video Quality ....: ~764 kbps
Theater Date .....: 02/20/1988 Resolution .......: 544x304
DVD RLS Date .....: 02/27/2004 Audio Codec ......: MP3 VBR
DVD Runtime ......: 110 mins Audio Bitrate ....: ~124 kbps
Aspect Ratio .....: 1.79:1 Framerate ........: 23.976
Language .........: Japanese Subtitles ........: English
IMDb URL..........: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0223154/
IMDB Rating ......: 7.3/10 (10 votes)
Film Genre .......: Horror/Mystery/Sci-Fi
File Name.........: dogura.magura.1988.dvdrip.xvid-espise.avi
Packet............: 49x15 MB
Filesize..........: 699 MB (733,526,016 bytes)

Capturas:
Imagen

-------------------------------------------

2 CDs (subtítulos incrustados en inglés):

CD 1:
Video: XviD @ 1582 Kb/s
Audio: Mp3 @ 128kb/s
Lenght: 00:57:08
Resolution: 640x368 (1.74:1) [=40:23]

Imagen

CD 2:
Video: XviD @ 1743 kb/s
Audio: Mp3 @ 128kb/s
Lenght: 00:52:13
Resolution: 640x368 (1.74:1) [=40:23]

Imagen

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]
Última edición por satantango el Jue Jun 15, 2006 12:32 am, editado 1 vez en total
satantango
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor kimkiduk » Mar Feb 14, 2006 12:24 pm

Una vez más, mil gracias a los 2y para abajo...
PD: La portada me recuerda a los comics de Suehiro Maruo Oo
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor kern48 » Mié Jun 14, 2006 11:38 pm

:-) Hola aquí les dejo la dirección dentro de asia team dónde está la pelicula limpia,sin sub en ingles, en un cd con subtitulos traducidos por Santasangre: http://www.asia-team.net/foros/showthread.php?t=20409
No se porque no puedo poner el archivo de los sub si pesan 45kb.En fín cualquier ayuda aquí estoy la tendre en la mula,en lanzamiento por tres meses.No es un peli de horror si un thriller psicológico.Para pensar.Saludos :si:
JORGE EDUARDO KERN
kern48
Recién llegad@
Recién llegad@

Notapor kimkiduk » Mié Jun 14, 2006 11:53 pm

Muchas gracias por la info kern48 :si:
Si Satantango da permiso edito el post inicial con la siguiente información:

eD2K link E-Link
Subs en Asia Team

Datos Técnicos:
Ripper ...........: Team ESPiES Video Codec ......: XviD
Release Date .....: 10/25/2005 Video Quality ....: ~764 kbps
Theater Date .....: 02/20/1988 Resolution .......: 544x304
DVD RLS Date .....: 02/27/2004 Audio Codec ......: MP3 VBR
DVD Runtime ......: 110 mins Audio Bitrate ....: ~124 kbps
Aspect Ratio .....: 1.79:1 Framerate ........: 23.976
Language .........: Japanese Subtitles ........: English
IMDb URL..........: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0223154/
IMDB Rating ......: 7.3/10 (10 votes)
Film Genre .......: Horror/Mystery/Sci-Fi
File Name.........: dogura.magura.1988.dvdrip.xvid-espise.avi
Packet............: 49x15 MB
Filesize..........: 699 MB (733,526,016 bytes) .
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor satantango » Jue Jun 15, 2006 12:36 am

Muchas gracias kern48 por avisar y bienvenido :si:

kimkiduk escribió:Si Satantango da permiso edito el post inicial con la siguiente información

No es necesario pedir permiso. Pero ya que pasaba por aquí... Editado el post inicial y añadidas unas capturas ;-)
satantango
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor seiyuro_hiko » Dom Jun 18, 2006 4:45 pm

Ahora que me fijo ( y eso que la había visto hace ya tiempo ), el dibujo de la portada me recuerda muchísimo al empleado por el autor de Midori ... me asalta la duda ¿ habrá sido el autor de la portada de Dogura Magura ?

Altamente recomendada por cierto ;-)
Like a pyramid of heartbeats
Everythings fainting
like the windless delicacy of the air
in chinese paintings
seiyuro_hiko
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor kimkiduk » Lun Jun 19, 2006 12:27 am

seiyuro escribió:Ahora que me fijo ( y eso que la había visto hace ya tiempo ), el dibujo de la portada me recuerda muchísimo al empleado por el autor de Midori ... me asalta la duda ¿ habrá sido el autor de la portada de Dogura Magura ?

Altamente recomendada por cierto ;-)

kimkiduk escribió:PD: La portada me recuerda a los comics de Suehiro Maruo Oo

Vamos, que también ando con esa angustia, a mi me da que sí :si:
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor seiyuro_hiko » Lun Jun 19, 2006 5:32 am

:ains: Esto me pasa por emplear la lectura rápida
Like a pyramid of heartbeats
Everythings fainting
like the windless delicacy of the air
in chinese paintings
seiyuro_hiko
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor mateorau » Mié Jun 21, 2006 3:04 am

Descargada,
se agradece!

(comento cuando la vea)
El último hombre vivo sobre la tierra
mateorau
Gran camarógraf@
Gran camarógraf@

Notapor pickpocket » Mié Jun 21, 2006 7:22 am

Me pongo con ella, muchas gracias :adios:
"Lo verdadero no es la realidad. Lo real y lo verdadero son dos cosas diferentes" R. Bresson
Robert Bresson.com
pickpocket
Gran Productor
Gran Productor

Notapor mateorau » Sab Jun 24, 2006 7:12 am

locura locura locura!
excelente aporte... recomendada jajajajajajajajajajaa (al estilo de risa loquera)
:-#
mateorau
Gran camarógraf@
Gran camarógraf@

Notapor saukio » Dom Jun 25, 2006 6:46 am

descargando..por cierto, el link de subs no funciono, tuve que ir a el post de santasangre a descargarlo (no es que sea flojo, es solo para que tomen nota!!)
saukio
Espectador
Espectador

Notapor mateorau » Dom Jun 25, 2006 7:55 am

Ah sí.. me pasó lo mismo... es más, estan ligeramente ¿desincronizados?

no.. no es esa la palabra.. el asunto del "delay"..., la duración del subtítulo entre cada intervalo... cosa que el subtítulo pasa muy de prisa mientras aun sigue el audio

una pequeña molestia ante tal gran pelicula
:-P
mateorau
Gran camarógraf@
Gran camarógraf@

subtitulos

Notapor kern48 » Dom Jun 25, 2006 1:37 pm

mateorau escribió:Ah sí.. me pasó lo mismo... es más, estan ligeramente ¿desincronizados?

no.. no es esa la palabra.. el asunto del "delay"..., la duración del subtítulo entre cada intervalo... cosa que el subtítulo pasa muy de prisa mientras aun sigue el audio

una pequeña molestia ante tal gran pelicula
:-P

Hola,yo la tengo grabada desde hace mucho tiempo y no noto la desincronización,tanta en el reproductor de mesa como en los reproductores de pc tal vez tienes que probar con otro reproductor.Saludos :-)
JORGE EDUARDO KERN
kern48
Recién llegad@
Recién llegad@

Volver a Largos Experimentales