Mandala Films (Paul Sharits, 1966-68)

Elinks de cortometrajes de cine experimental & underground (Experimental short films) cuya duración no exceda o sea igual a 45 minutos (<= 45 min.)

Mandala Films (Paul Sharits, 1966-68)

Notapor Fitz » Mié Ene 18, 2006 9:04 am

Imagen

T,O,U,C,H,I,N,G (1968)
Paul Sharits.
12 minutes, color, sound.
The illusions generated by the film are of a perceptual nature, involving color, the production of retinal after-images, and the intrusion of the image into the space of the theater. The soundtrack consists of a drumlike beat accompanying the rhythmic repetition of the word "destroy".

Imagen

eD2K link Paul Sharits - T,O,U,C,H,I,N,G.avi

N:O:T:H:I:N:G

Based, in part, on the Tibetan Mandala of the Five Dhyani Buddhas / a journey toward the center of pure consciousness (Dharma-Dhatu Wisdom) / space and motion generated rather than illustrated / time-color energy create virtual shape / in negative time, growth is inverse decay.

"The screen, illuminated by Paul Sharits' N:O:T:H:I:N:G, seems to assume a spherical shape, at times - due, I think, to a pearl-like quality of light his flash-frames create ... a baroque pearl, one might say - wondrous! ... One of the most beautiful films I've seen." - Stan Brakhage

"You are pulled into the world of color, your color senses are expanded, enriched. You become aware of changes, of tones around your own daily reality. Your vision is changed. You begin to see light on objects around you. ... Your experience range is expanded. You have gained a new insight. You have become a richer human being." - Jonas Mekas

"In essence there are only three flicker films of importance, ARNULF RAINER, THE FLICKER, and N:O:T:H:I:N:G. ... In terms of the subject we have discussed here, it is Sharits' N:O:T:H:I:N:G that opens the field for the structural film with a flicker base." - P. Adams Sitney

I can't write the original name on the file, it isn't accepted.

Imagen

eD2K link Paul Sharits - N.O.T.H.I.N.G.avi

Piece Mandala/End War
(Paul Sharits, USA 1966, 5')

'Blank colour frequencies space out and optically feed into black and white images of one lovemaking act which is seen simultaneously from both sides of its space and both ends of its time.' Paul Sharits

Imagen

Imagen

eD2K link Paul Sharits - Piece Mandala - End war (1966).avi

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]
Fitz
Haciendo méritos
Haciendo méritos

Notapor mateorau » Sab Feb 11, 2006 5:39 pm

pinchado N.O.T.H.I.N.G
grx
El último hombre vivo sobre la tierra
mateorau
Gran camarógraf@
Gran camarógraf@

Notapor pere_ubu » Sab Feb 11, 2006 5:57 pm

Me encanta volver a ver estos hilos en portada.
Como no pinché en su momento lo hago ahora.
Thanks Fitz.
pere_ubu
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Ubicación: Que tu sabiduría no sea humillación para tu prójimo - Khayyam

Volver a Cortos Experimentales