L'Idée (Berthold Bartosch, 1932) DVDRip

Elinks de cortometrajes de cine de animación (Animation short films) cuya duración no exceda o sea igual a 45 minutos (<= 45 min.)

L'Idée (Berthold Bartosch, 1932) DVDRip

Notapor Fitz » Lun Ene 30, 2006 11:50 am

Bartosch was born in Bohemia in the actual Czech republic in 1893, in 1920 he moved to Berlin, where he later met silhouette animator Lotte Reiniger, Bartosch worked with her, on the film 'The Adventures of Prince Achmed'. In 1930 started working on the adaptation of The Idea a book of woodcuts published by Frans Masereel in 1920, Masereel's 'novels without words' where very famous in the 1920's in Germany, it seems that Ruttman's Berlin: Symphony of a City was completely inspired on a woodcut book by Masereel called 'The City'.

Masereel first worked with Bartosch, but after a few weeks he dropped out of the project after seeing how tedious work animation was, so Bartosch continued working alone during 2 years to complete the animation, 45.000 images were animated on sheets of glass with washtinted blacks and soap, with 100 Watts light bulbs illuminating the work, his work study was 10 x 12 feet and half the space was filled with the sheets of glass which were disposed in some kind of workbench.

Bartosch was one of the first persons to demonstrate animation could be poetic, when the film came out in 1932, the newspapers refered it has 'Masereel's L'idée' not recognizing all the painfull work Bartosch went trough. This is the solely surviving film of Bartosch, he later made Cosmos, a 109 minutes film, which the Gestapo destroied. One of the greatest and most forgotten genius of animation together with Alexander Alexeïeff, whom so much liked his work.

I hope like this, some light will be shed on Bartosch and people can see how great he was, and by so resurect a phantom from beyond time, and bring him once again to our heads and hearts.

Regarding the film itself:

Don't see the roll of a female nude in this film and what happens to her has mere exploitation of the female condition. She represents The Idea, the naked truth, we that are used to watch all kinds of violence on television and tremble in horror on the vision of the 'Naked Truth'.

This tells the story of the idea since it's created, how it is rejected and forced to dress in the world, how she protects the ones that want to make a change, how she is printed and finally showed to the world, trough radio, newspaper etc.. and in the end how she returns to her maker. It's social allegory, you have to see to believe the density and poetic vision of this film. The final words by Bartosch should have been 'You can do everything with soap.'

Nowadays we have the internet to expand such ideas and concepts, we have something that the world never saw before, a massive way of communication which can reach the four corners of the world.

All texts by myself, having as basis the writings of Claire Parker and Alexander Alexeïeff on this film and on the author, and the writings of the same nature by William Moritz.

from Amos Vogel on film has subversive art:

THE IDEA
(Berthold Bartosch, France, 1931)
Based on Frans Mesareel's famed woodcuts, this animated film classic was the first trick film with a radical film: a revolutionary idea (in the shape of a nude woman) is conceived by the artist, condemned by the world, the rich, and the church, but lives on, forever stirring men to revolt.

I'm pleased to announce this is the very first rip, from a series which will follow by our beloved friend Malachi, that runs the hub 'Cinemagrotesque' in directconnect. I already had the vhs of this film, but I asked her to release this one, and she kindly agreed.
Fitz
Haciendo méritos
Haciendo méritos

Notapor kimkiduk » Lun Ene 30, 2006 1:23 pm

It's absolutely great!! Oo
Thanks Fitz. :amo: (Malawi too for the next files, thanks)

PD:Sólo decir que esta es una de las obras pioneras de la animación, pero cuyo mayor valor no anida en el indudable hecho de abrir camino, sino en la cuestión social que plantea, en el devenir de una idea original, y la capacidad de absorción y difusión por la sociedad.
Recomendable 100%
Cualquier consulta o petición mándame un privado. No uso emule ni ningún programa de descarga por el momento, así que no podré recompartir películas.
kimkiduk
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Notapor pere_ubu » Lun Ene 30, 2006 1:25 pm

Download.
Thanks Fitz.
pere_ubu
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Ubicación: Que tu sabiduría no sea humillación para tu prójimo - Khayyam

Notapor Paulfosco » Lun Ene 30, 2006 5:02 pm

El primer posteo de Fitz que me bajo, espero que no sea el ultimo.

Got it, tx Fitz

Un saludo :adios:
Nunca me haria socio de un club que me aceptara como tal.
-Groucho Marx-
Paulfosco
Guionista colosal
Guionista colosal

Notapor qz_inactivo_0822 » Lun Ene 30, 2006 7:56 pm

"oaiawvefa" escribió aquí:

When I was at school I had a copy of "Film as a subversive art" by Amos Vogel and went over every page of that book at least 3 times, then I lent it to a friend and never saw it again! Anyways, I don't remember reading about this film. Thanks for posting!
qz_inactivo_0822

Notapor qz_inactivo_0822 » Mar Ene 31, 2006 7:29 pm

"oaiawvefa" escribió aquí:

No source for a couple of days, but I'm sure this will be corrected at any moment!

In the meantime you can see preview here:

http://www.re-voir.com/html/bartosh.htm

I can't believe this movie hasn't been put out on dvd yet. I'm searching everywhere, maybe it's on a compilation. A couple of years ago I only found Chris Marker's Jetee as part of a dvd compilation called "Short Cinema Journal 1:2 Issue: Dreams" that had Nicole Kidman on the front cover and Malcolm McDowell on the back!
qz_inactivo_0822

Notapor Paulfosco » Mar Ene 31, 2006 8:06 pm

Oaiawvefa, ask for your friend, ex-friend now i suposse, to lent it back to you ;-), meanwhile i'll hope for this full source as you.

My best regards.

Un saludo
Nunca me haria socio de un club que me aceptara como tal.
-Groucho Marx-
Paulfosco
Guionista colosal
Guionista colosal

Notapor Fitz » Mar Ene 31, 2006 8:18 pm

dont worry I wont run away, regarding 'this' being put to dvd. I agree that experimental films dont get a regular dvd release, and i'll explain why:

In the words of Pip Chodorov and mine:

The regular mpeg2 compression doesnt play the 24 frames a second, rather plays one every 12 or 16 frames then makes a vectorial calculation for the rest, in experimental films, they sometimes are frame by frame works, so EVERY frame should be there and should be played. I find it rather honourable not sacrificing quality for sales regarding the re:voir stance. Let us hope that with the blu-ray dvd the situation maybe different, but it seems it is also mpeg2 encoding. So in this case analogue system is better. Now for those classic narrative films, it doesnt make much of a difference, but these aren't regular narrative films. I'd rather wait for a proper dvd release, then to make some piece of shit dvd just for the heck of it. Sorry for not complying to your consumption desire.

And this appears in the Vogel book on the part westrebel if I'm not mistaken.
Fitz
Haciendo méritos
Haciendo méritos

Notapor MurnauVsBuñuel » Mar Ene 31, 2006 8:58 pm

uhmm paulfosco tentado por bajarse una experimetal movie Oo ... a ver si te gusta amigo
MurnauVsBuñuel
Director de culto
Director de culto

Re: L'Idée (Berthold Bartosch, 1932) DVDRip

Notapor pochutla » Dom Feb 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Bumped into this by chance. Will download. Cinemagrotesque rules :si:
pochutla
Gran Productor
Gran Productor

Notapor Anthon Ego » Lun Feb 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Increible. Gracias!
Anthon Ego
Extra de cine
Extra de cine

Notapor zetabar » Dom Abr 12, 2009 5:37 am

Mil gracias.
El encuadre cinematográfico no puede ser nunca una letra invariable del alfabeto, siempre ha de ser un ideograma con significados múltiples. Eisenstein
zetabar
Crítico de prestigio
Crítico de prestigio

Notapor gatatitania » Jue May 20, 2010 12:44 pm

¡'Pinchado sin dudar...! No sé si Fitz estará ya por aquí, o no. En cualquier caso, gracias :-D :-D :-D
Cine-clásico ha sido secuestrado: TOTEM, da la cara. Pásale de una vez la gestión de la web a droid y a chuschao

gatatitania
Director consagrado
Director consagrado

Ubicación: gatatitania es un planeta felino en la constelación de Oberón

Volver a Cortos Animación